Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday 23 May 2013

TED Meg Jay: Why 30 is not the new 20

Occasionally I partake in intellectual self-harm, I browse the Daily Fail Online. Read the articles about so-and-so's cellulite (it's a secondary sexual characteristic, geez leave women alone), whatsamajigs gym routine and how dust is the new super food. I general manage to avoid their misbegotten political arguments, if I want hysteria I normally veer between The Grauniad and The Torygraph for mutual bouts of silliness. Occasionally however it does through up a gem - although this article about Meg Jay's TED talk, one  does suspect, is part of their general contempt for young women.

“When you pat a twentysomething on the head and you say, ‘You have 10 extra years to start your life’ … you have robbed that person of his urgency and ambition.”

Meg Jay is as quotable as I am young and pretty damned impatient.

Click below for the full video:
TED: Why 30 is not the new 20



Epiphany.

No comments:

Post a Comment